I want to share one of my absolute favorite party recipes with you that is ALWAYS a huge hit wherever I bring it!! If you have an upcoming party or picnic then you’ll want to make this!
I found this recipe on Pinterest (click on link above) years ago and I have made it A LOT! It’s super simple, you just dump everything in a bowl and bake!
This recipe only has ten ingredients and it’s vegetarian, so it’s a win-win for everyone!! Now, for the recipe…
2 tsp cilantro
1 (11 oz.) can of corn, drained
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 small can (4 oz.) diced green chiles, undrained
2 tbsp green onion, sliced thin
1 small tomato or 8-10 cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (I usually use one whole pepper from the can, diced small and about a teaspoon or so of the sauce. Depends on how spicy you want it.)
1/2 cup mayo
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix both shredded cheeses, chipotles and green chiles, mayo, garlic powder and corn in a bowl.
- Spray a baking dish (I use a pie plate) with cooking spray and pour mixture in.
- Bake about 20 minutes until it’s golden brown on top and bubbly.
- Top with diced tomatoes, sliced green onions and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and fresh veggies.
What to do next
Sit back, relax and enjoy all the compliments you’re going to get!! Believe me, there will be many!!
My favorite chips for this dip are multi-grain scoops; they are perfect for scooping up this gooey deliciousness! You can also serve fresh veggies for a lighter choice. Celery stalks are great and I like to buy large carrots and cut them into wedges that are perfect for scooping!
Go ahead and make this dip and then let me know what people think! I know you, and they, are going to love it!!